Season 3, Episode 3
Dove Award-nominated hip-hop artist Steven Malcolm joins us to talk about his surprise collaboration with Natalie Grant (on their new song, “Even Louder”) and why it is important to merge musical genres, especially in Christian music.
The Praisecast Team shares a few cheesy songs that they secretly love. Bekah takes us on a tour of some of the strangest musical duets of all time. And, they discuss upcoming summer movies, including one that Chris actually appears in. (By the way, Downton Abbey does not qualify as a summer movie.)
Everyone Say “Cheesy Songs”!
- Hannah’s Favorite Cheesy Song: “Beautiful Soul” by Jesse McCartney
- Rebekah’s Favorite Cheesy Song: “Party in the USA” by Miley Cyrus
- Chris’ Favorite Cheesy Songs: “Never Gonna Give You Up” by Rick Astley AND “Jesus Freak” by dc Talk
- It’s Summer Movie Season … What Do You Want to See?
- Chris is in the new Kendrick Bros’ movie, Overcomer!
- Watch the trailer for Overcomer and look for the blue cowbell at the 28-second mark
- Learn more about Steven Malcolm
- Watch a lyric video for Steven Malcolm and Natalie Grant’s new song, “Even Louder”
Musical Duets that Make You Go … Hmm
- Johnny Cash & Trent Reznor: “Hurt”
- Nelly & Tim McGraw: “Over and Over”
- Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga: “It Don’t Mean A Thing (If It Ain’t Got That Swing)”
- Taylor Swift & Lisa Kudrow (as Phoebe from Friends): “Smelly Cat”
We want to hear from you! Chime in with your thoughts about our podcast in the comments below or send an email The Praisecast Team.
Don’t forget about some of the great things we’ve got to help you live a praise lifestyle. Check out our Artist Blog (ft. exclusive blogs from Bethel Music’s Steffany Gretzinger, Rend Collective, Ryan Stevenson and more). And, subscribe to The Praisecast on iTunes or Google Play, so you never miss another great episode again!
What’s your favorite cheesy song? Share your pick in the comment box below.